Monthly product strategy and design for your growing SaaS business￼
Does your web app need design help? Design Boost is a monthly product strategy, UX, and UI design service for SaaS founders who want to get serious about growing their business.
“I completely suck at design.”
For many SaaS founders, design can be one of the most challenging parts of their business. Code a two factor authentication process? No problem. Design an onboarding flow so users understand your features and don’t abandon it before the trial ends…now that’s a different story.
There’s so many tiny details to pay attention to. Spacing, colors, fonts, error messages, copy, states… Plus every new feature makes the app more confusing. You have a high standard because you care about your product and your customers, but you struggle to make your app look and feel how you picture it.
You know you could probably figure it out yourself, but every hour spent learning UI/UX design is an hour taken from every other aspect of your business.
You need help fixing your UI/UX problems
Hiring a designer seems like way too much for what you need. It would mean you would need to go through all the work of hiring someone and then you would need to pay a salary (or give up equity).
You could look at freelance job boards or Dribbble, but you’ll need to go through a ton of profiles to find the right skillset. Even then it’s hard to know exactly what to look for. After that you need to interview a few and see if they’re a good fit, then to be extra safe, you need to give them a small trial project to make sure they can deliver. Wait, wasn’t the point to save time?
You could hire a design agency. But agencies are expensive. You’d drop a lot of cash right now for a strategy and a complete redesign of your app that could be great for a bit, but with how often business changes, that strategy can be worthless next month. They’re on to the next project and you’re back to figuring out things on your own.
The problem is most design services are reactionary. You have to figure out what to prioritize, give them a list of things to work on, and hope they design it in a way that grows your business.
You need a trusted partner
You need more than just a designer, you need someone who can help you:
- Figure out the biggest areas users are struggling with
- Develop a strategy for fixing them
- Prioritize the biggest things that will improve your app
- Design solutions that can solve user issues
That’s why I created Design Boost. It’s a monthly strategy and design service to help SaaS founders solve their design problems and take their business to the next level.
Basically, you get an experienced senior product designer to work on your app for a fraction of the cost.
Here’s how it works:
- We’ll start by sitting down together so you can tell me about your business, vision, objectives, and biggest pain points.
- Next, I’ll do a deep dive into your app to understand how it works and find areas of improvement (I also offer this as a standalone service called SaaS Teardown).
- Each month we’ll create a list of top improvements to grow your business and I’ll deliver high fidelity mockups to address those design problems.
This service is not for you if…
- You’re in the early stages of launching your product.
- You don’t have the resources to execute the strategy we develop each month.
- You aren’t ready to put ego aside and hear honest feedback about your product.
- You’re just looking for a low cost designer to knock out a to-do list of design tasks each month (if that’s the case, there’s dozens of unlimited design services to choose from).
“And who are you?”
I’m glad you asked. I’m Josh Wayne and I’m a product designer who has been designing apps and websites for over 11 years. In that time I’ve worked for some pretty cool clients like Google, Kaiser Permanente, Under Armour, and Qualcomm.
After a while, I realized the projects I enjoy working on the most are SaaS apps made by bootstrappers and indie hackers who are forging their own path. So I created services and resources like this so I can help founders create great products. You get an experienced product designer and I get to work on projects I love. Win-win, right?
Ready to get started?
The current price is $1,500/month. No hidden fees, no surprises, and you can cancel any time. That’s $88,000 less than the average salary of a Senior Product Designer (source). I’m positive you’ll get that back in value the first month alone. In fact, I’ll give you a complete refund if you’re not happy in the first month.
5 slots 3 slots available. I’m very selective of businesses I partner with and I’m limiting the number of partners so you can get the best service possible.
To get started, please send me an email at email@example.com with a link to your app, a short description, and your top UI/UX problems. We’ll take it from there.
Still have questions? Shoot me an email and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.